In an effort to keep all scholars safe, PGCPS has asked that all volunteers complete the SafeSchools online safety training program that is designed to train contractors and volunteers on school-related safety issues. Volunteers who regularly support the school as field trip chaperones, mentors, interns, tutors and others must complete the following on-line training modules:
– Prince George’s County Child Abuse Mandatory Reporting
– Prince George’s County Public Schools’ Student Safety Procedural Changes
– Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Prevention Please click here to get started =====> https://www.pgcps.org/required-training/
Background Checks and Fingerprinting Fees – https://www.pgcps.org/fingerprinting/
– Fingerprinting and Child Protective Services(CPS) Clearance $61 For all PGCPS employees, volunteers assisting on campus more than once each school year with students and/or chaperoning on field trips, and independent contractors.
– Commercial Background Check $15 (online only at www.myschoolbucks.com)
– Only referees, athletic officials and independent contractors who do not have unsupervised access to students may utilize the Commercial Background Check.
Please complete your training, fingerprinting and background checks as soon as possible! We can use your support in upcoming CMIT South programs. We need all the volunteers to make this a great new school year!
Thank you in advance for doing your part.
CMIT South PTO