WHY JOIN THE CMIT SOUTH PARENT TEACHER ORGANIZATION (PTO)?
Provide Needed Resources for our school
• We coordinate a number of fundraisers that provide various educational and extra-curriculum programs, activities and incentives for our children.
• By becoming an ACTIVE member you can help coordinate these events and make a difference.
Leadership and Decision Making
• ACTIVE members participate in meetings to determine committee leadership, vote on various projects/request, and decide how to best provide resources for the students and teachers.
• Fundraising: At meetings, members bring up things the school needs help buying from art supplies to computers – as a member, we decide how to raise funds and how to distribute funds.
• Influence important decisions.
• Volunteering and attending various events and meetings are a great way to meet other parents and stay informed.
• Teacher Appreciation: The PTO takes charge of showing that the teachers are valued through various ways during Teacher Appreciation Week as well as at other specified times throughout the school year.
• Email updates including the newsletter and PTO meeting minutes
• Get to know staff members and Administrators to learn how school operates
• Participate in YOUR CHILD’S EDUCATION and Improve CMIT South for All Students!!
• When you are involved in the PTO, YOUR CHILD BENEFITS THE MOST!
• Improve teacher morale.
• Be up to date on what’s going on at CMIT SOUTH.
• Your child spends the majority of his/her day at CMIT SOUTH. Help make it a better place to learn and to live!
Goals of the CMIT South PTO
• Increase PTO membership of both parents and teachers
• Build strong networks within the organization and the CMIT South Community
• Sponsor exciting student activities and provide incentives for students’ achievement